School Board Notes • September 5, 2012 • Vol. XXXVI No. 6
Teacher Contracts Bring Lower Settlements, More Instruction Time
- NJSBA reports that average teacher raises continue a downward trend, while school boards negotiate more instructional time.
NJSBA Testifies on Educator Evaluation Proposal
- In testimony before the State Board of Education, NJSBA is calling on the state to ensure local school boards are provided with the appropriate resources to implement the new teacher-evaluation system.
Workshop Housing Deadline is Sept. 21
- A block of rooms has been secured at a number of hotels for attendees of Workshop 2012, the state's premiere training program for local school officials, to be held in October in the Atlantic City Convention Center. The last day to make reservations under the Workshop block is Friday, Sept. 21.
Survey: Community Engagement
- This week's 30-Second Survey asks: What efforts does your school district take to engage the public – and which ones are most effective?
Change of Venue for Bergen-Passaic Tenure Program
- Due to an overwhelming response, the location for the Sept. 13 Bergen-Passaic program on the new tenure reform act has been changed. It is one of three regional meetings this month on the changes in tenure laws.
Green Day of Service Scheduled
- On Sept. 29, the U.S. Green Building Council will host the first annual Green Apple Day of Service. Students, teachers, parents and elected officials are encouraged to take action in their communities to support healthy, sustainable schools.
NJSBA's Board of Directors to Meet
- The NJSBA Board of Directors will meet Sept. 14 in West Windsor.
Legislative Committee to Meet Sept. 15
- The Association's Legislative Committee will meet Sept. 15 in Trenton.
School Board Notes Resources