School Board Notes • October 2, 2012 • Vol. XXXVI No. 10
NJSBA Fights Subcontracting Bill
- A Senate panel advanced a union-backed bill that would undermine a school board's ability to subcontract services, even though NJSBA research has found subcontracting services has saved taxpayers millions of dollars every year.
Cerf to Address Workshop 2012
- Education Commissioner Christopher Cerf will address attendees at Workshop 2012 on Tuesday, Oct. 23 in the Atlantic City Convention Center.
NSBA Creates Lobbying Action Center
- In an effort to boost education advocacy in Washington, the National School Boards Association has launched the National School Boards Action Center.
Survey: Ads on Buses
- NJSBA is keeping open the 30-Second Survey that asks: What are your thoughts on ads on buses?
NJSBA to Mail Delegate Assembly Handbook
- The NJSBA Delegate Assembly Handbook, consisting of all resolutions and other materials relevant to the November meeting, will be mailed Oct. 26.
- County School Boards Associations have been in high gear, with programs being offered on tenure reform, as well as other legislative, labor, legal and policy issues.
NJSBA Board of Directors to Meet
- NJSBA's Board of Directors will meet Oct. 12 in Trenton.
School Board Notes Resources