School Board Notes • October 9, 2012 • Vol. XXXVI No. 11
NJSBA Recognizes School Leader Award Recipients
- Programs in three school districts have been selected for recognition in the NJSBA's 26th annual School Leader Awards.
State Board Advances Teacher-Evaluation Regulations
- The State Board of Education took another step toward approving the regulations that detail how schools must implement a new system of evaluating educators. The regulations are the foundation of the new teacher tenure reforms.
Program Promotes School Breakfast
- A program to encourage greater participation in school breakfast programs will be held Nov. 1 in Camden County. State officials have been promoting participation in school breakfast programs in light of recent reports that rank New Jersey as having one of the lowest participation rates in the nation.
- Meet NJSBA's New Executive Director at Workshop Session
- This month's Workshop 2012 conference will feature a special discussion with Dr. Lawrence Feinsod, NJSBA's executive director-designee.
Survey Results: Districts Take It Slow on School Bus Ads
- Although the state adopted regulations in May that allow advertisements on school buses, it appears as if New Jersey school boards are in the slow lane in undertaking such sales.
- Images from County School Boards Association meetings in Somerset and Warren counties.
Online Radio Program Answers Candidates' Questions
- The next broadcast of Conversations on New Jersey Education, NJSBA's online radio program, is "What Board Candidates Need to Know When They're Elected."
Magazine Highlights NJSBA Green Initiative
- The October edition of American School Board Journal contains an article, "Saving Money with Green Schools Technology," that highlights programs throughout the nation – including a recent NJSBA initiative.
School Board Notes Resources