In Sandy’s Wake
- One school’s struggle to cope with and recover from a megastorm.
The Absentee Teacher
- When a school has to use a large number of substitutes, student achievement suffers. What can you do to make sure this doesn’t happen in your district?
SPECIAL SECTION: Parent and Community Involvement
A Place at the Table
- What does constructive parental involvement look like?
Strategies from our Schools: Community Outreach
- Results and respondent comments from a School Board Notes informal survey reveals a wide variety of approaches.
Policies that Encourage Community Involvement
- Well-crafted policies can help boards attain a variety of goals — including community outreach.
It Takes a Networked Village to “Inform the Vote”
- Blending high-tech and feet-on-the-street strategies to motivate referendum voters.
- NJSBA has established a statewide task force of local school board members to study school safety and security issues
- NJSBA is working to forge closer ties with the parents of New Jersey’s schoolchildren.
- NJSBA At Your Service
- Spotlight on the county school boards associations.
NJSBA At Your Service
- Find out what NJSBA’s Policy services can do for you.
- Education finance can be arcane, complex, ever-changing and continuously underfunded – learn how to cope with these challenges.
- NJSBA’s Labor Relations department warns that “retroactive pay” can trigger serious consequences.
- Answers to a pentad of interesting board member queries.
Head of the Class
- Freehold Regional’s elite Medical Sciences Learning Center prepares students for college and careers in the sciences.