NJSBA encourages school board members to attend the 2011 Federal Relations Network (FRN) Conference in Washington, D.C. from Feb 6-8, 2011.
The Federal Relations Network is the National School Boards Association’s grassroots network. It gives school board members an opportunity to make a difference in the education of the nation’s public schoolchildren.
The Association recommends members apply their NJSBA Service Credit to the conference registration fee of $655.
Board members should notify their district business administrators of their plans to attend. Travel, hotel and meal expenses are not covered by the credit – only the registration fee. Business administrators should contact Elaine Nolan to register board members for the FRN Conference.
Among the national issues that will be discussed at the conference:
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) /No Child Left Behind (NCLB)reauthorization
- School board governance
- Education funding
- Becoming a resource to new and returning members of Congress
- Taking your advocacy skills to the next level
- Urging Congress to support initiatives for 21st century learning and skills
- Learning to be a face for school districts on Capitol Hill
If you have any questions, contact Sharon Seyler, legislative coordinator, via e-mail or call (609) 278-5282.