The Bloomingdale Board of Education is seeking a strong, visionary new Superintendent of Schools who will help all of its students reach their full potential. Located in northern Passaic County, the borough of Bloomingdale is proud of its unique heritage and vibrant, engaged community. The school district comprises two elementary and one middle schools and is in a sending/receiving relationship with the Butler Township Board of Education. The District supports the education of approximately 535 K-8 students with a budget of $22 million and a staff of 65 dedicated educational professionals. The successful candidate will be a highly effective communicator and team builder who will assume a multi-faceted administrative position.
- NJ School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility required
- Previous successful Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent experience a plus
- School Principal experience strongly preferred
- Elementary and/or Middle School teaching experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and community engagement skills
- Strong background in curriculum desired
- Understanding of NJ school law, including Special Education and HIB
- Expertise and demonstrated success in financial management and resource allocation
Position available: presently or before July 1, 2020
Salary commensurate with education and experience; subject to NJ state regulations.
Interested applicants please submit the following information on AppliTrack:
1 – Cover letter; 2 – Resume; 3 – Copy of N.J. Certification; 4 – Copy of graduate diploma(s); 5 – Three (3) letters of reference; and 6 – Copy of latest performance evaluation.
Deadline for receipt of all applications: by 5:00 PM, February 18, 2020
Superintendent Search – Bloomingdale
New Jersey School Boards Association
Kathleen Helewa, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer