Blairstown Elementary, a tightly knit, traditional, PreK-G6 school district, is in search of an accomplished educational leader. Our next superintendent will lead all students in our caring, family-oriented community to achieving their highest potential on a quest of lifelong learning to succeed in a global, 21st century while exemplifying confidence, competence, and character.
Blairstown Elementary educates approximately 400 students from rural Blairstown and Hardwick Townships in its historic school building in beautiful northern Warren County. The school district employs a staff of about 90 educational professionals, including 52 teachers, and operates with a budget of $9 million.
- NJ School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility is required.
- Three years or greater Principal, Vice Principal, and/or Central Office experience preferred.
- Experience in elementary education required.
- Previous successful classroom teaching experience of at least five years strongly preferred.
- Experience in a similar district strongly preferred.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate expertise in
- Curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Meeting the social-emotional needs and welfare of students in a safe environment;
- Alternate methods of student assessment and closing achievement gaps;
- Personnel management, including evaluation and staff development; and
- Financial management and resource allocation.
Salary is competitive with experience and State of New Jersey guidelines.
Position available: After January 1, 2021. Application Deadline: 11pm EDST, October 26, 2020
New Jersey School BoardsAssociation
For inquiries, call (609) 278-5210 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathleen Helewa, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer