The New Jersey School Boards Association, a service organization for the state’s local boards of education, is seeking a Labor Relations Consultant/Negotiator to provide individualized services, programs and training to meet the specific needs of local school boards in New Jersey. Reporting to the director of the Legal and Labor Relations Department, the successful candidate will perform the following core functions:
- Analyze and construct salary guides for local boards of education
- Provide on-site assistance to local boards, including bargaining preparation, mediation, fact-finding, strikes and job actions
- Provide assistance to board members, administrators, attorneys and staff
- Respond to requests for information and provide onsite consultation and assistance to local boards, board members and administrators as needed
- Develop, present and market NJSBA labor relations services at county school boards association meetings, workshops, conferences and other programs.
The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree, law degree or equivalent work experience, and five years’ experience in labor relations, preferably in public education. Knowledge of public sector bargaining, employment and ethics law required. Knowledge of public education, school law and school board governance preferred.
Benefits include health and dental coverage, paid time off, and short- and long-term disability. Eligible employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System. Minimum salary $88,308.
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
NJSBA complies with the “New Jersey First Act.” Employees hired on or after Sept. 1, 2011, are required to currently reside in N.J. or relocate within one year of their hire date.