The New Jersey School Boards Association, a service organization for the state’s local boards of education, is seeking to fill the position of County Activities Coordinator. Reporting to the director of member engagement, the successful candidate will facilitate leadership development in New Jersey’s southern counties through regional programming for local boards of education members.
Core functions include:
- Work with county school board association officers to plan and coordinate programs;
- Present and/or moderate at programs;
- Serve as direct contact with educators, trainers, and other officials who serve as presenters at the county meetings;
- Coordinate county/regional legislative forums; serve as direct contact with local legislators;
- Analyze school board member knowledge/needs to identify training topics and develop programming.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; knowledge of public education and school board governance is preferred. The ability to travel within the state and work a flexible schedule, including evenings and some weekends, is required. Experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft 2016 applications required.
Benefits include health and dental coverage; paid time-off and short and long-term disability. Eligible employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System. Minimum salary $57,820.
Please send letter of interest and resume to [email protected].
NJSBA complies with the “New Jersey First Act.” Employees hired on or after September 1, 2011, are required to currently reside in NJ or relocate within one year of their hire date.