The Clifton Public School District is in search of an innovative and dynamic individual with exceptional leadership skills to strategically lead its diverse PreK- 12 district. The Mission of the Clifton School District, in an open and reciprocal community partnership, is to provide all students with a quality education to develop the skills necessary to become literate, lifelong learners who are responsible and productive citizens contributing to a democratic society in an ever-changing world.
The District is one of the largest in New Jersey and serves approximately 11,000 students, comprising twenty schools, with one high school, and is supported by a budget of $170 million.
- NJ School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility is required
- Three years or greater Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent experience strongly preferred
- Previous successful classroom teaching experience of five years or greater is preferred
- Earned doctoral degree preferred
The successful candidate shall demonstrate
- Expertise in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; educational technology planning, implementation, and integration into the curriculum; personnel management; and a strong knowledge of special needs, including gifted and talented, special education, non-college-bound learners, and general education students.
- Extraordinary skills in communicating with parents, staff, community, the Board of Education, and the media.
Salary is competitive with experience and State of New Jersey guidelines.
Position available: July 1, 2019
Deadline for receipt of all applications: 5:00PM, March 4, 2019
SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH – CLIFTON
New Jersey School Boards Association
For inquiries call: 609-695-7600 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathleen Helewa, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer