PASSAIC COUNTY, NJ The Manchester Regional High School and Haledon Public School Districts are looking for a new shared Superintendent of Schools. The successful candidate will be committed to maximizing the potential of all students in the proudly diverse and close-knit urban/suburban communities we serve. Our educational community requires an exceptional leader who understands cultural, social and economic diversity and will ensure that all our stakeholders feel welcomed and valued. Along with both Boards of Education, our new Superintendent will be an active presence in our communities, and will continue to maintain our school districts as a setting where our staff and students are excited to come to school. Our new Superintendent will embrace our long-established ethos that for our students, nothing is impossible.
Manchester Regional High School and Haledon Public School are pleased to continue their long-standing relationships of sharing a Superintendent, and existing Business Administrator, Director of Special Education, Human Resources, Speech Therapists, a Lead Custodian, and substitute custodians.
The Haledon Public School District serves 1050 K-8 students with a staff of 180 and a budget of $18m as we change the world, one child at a time.
Manchester Regional High School prepares approximately 840 pupils from Haledon, North Haledon, and Prospect Park for college, careers, and life with a staff of 120 and a budget of $23 million.
- NJ School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility is required.
- Three years or greater Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent experience preferred.
- Central Office and/or School Principal experience preferred.
- Previous successful classroom teaching experience of three to five years or greater preferred.
- Earned doctorate preferred.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate expertise in
- Curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Financial management and resource allocation;
- Personnel management, including staff development and motivation; and
- Optimal communication with community, families, staff, and the BOE.
Position available: September 1, 2020
Salary is competitive with experience and State of New Jersey guidelines.
Application Deadline: 10pm, May 26, 2020
Kathleen Helewa, Search Consultant
The Haledon and Manchester Regional High School Districts are Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employers