In collaboration with our staff, parents and community, The Maurice River Township Board of Education is seeking a highly effective educational leader to serve as its Chief School Administrator and continue a tradition of achieving high standards within its PK-8 school district. Our 425 students, supported by our 80 dedicated staff and $9 million budget, have earned distinction for having been a “N.J. School-To-Watch”, a “National Blue Ribbon Award School”, a “Governor’s School of Excellence”, “Middle States Accredited”, a “N.J. School of Choice”, and a “Highly Effective School District”. Our successful candidate will enjoy students from a morally strong, family-oriented community located along the designated “Wild and Scenic” Maurice River and surrounded largely by preserved open space and recreational land.
- NJ School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility required
- Superintendent, Central Office, Principal or Supervisory experience preferred
- Classroom teaching experience preferred
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Commitment to excellence for all students and staff
- Expertise in curriculum development, planning, and technology
- Experience in personnel management and communication
- Documented success in raising student achievement and meeting the special needs of all students
- Knowledge of and interest in shared services agreements
Position available: on or before January 1, 2020.
Salary commensurate with experience
Deadline for receipt of applications by 5:00 PM on November 19. 2019.
New Jersey School Boards Association
Jane Kershner, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer