Morris School District, Morris County.
The Morris School District (MSD) is seeking an accomplished, highly motivated educational leader committed to equity and inclusion and to the social, emotional, and academic success for each student in this diverse PreK-12 school district. Must have a clear and compelling vision for the district that ensures students will be prepared for life as good, productive, future-ready citizens in a complex, rapidly changing future. Located in a culturally rich, thriving community 30 miles west of Manhattan, this district provides exceptional academic and extracurricular opportunities for 5,700 students (35% qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch; 19.6% are English Language Learners) and 1,000 faculty and staff in 10 buildings with an operating budget of $138 million, plus a universal preschool partnership with multiple off-site community providers.
The Board Seeks:
- Proven record of providing equitable learning and development opportunities for all students.
- Proven record of exceptional educational leadership with strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to student, parent, staff, and community engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address achievement gaps.
- Demonstrated systems thinker and data-informed decision-maker.
- Demonstrated success with prudent fiscal leadership and experience with facilities/building capital projects.
- NJ School Administrator Certificate required. Doctorate preferred.
- PreK-12 Superintendent preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Administration preferred
- Experience as Principal preferred
- Experience as classroom Teacher preferred
Salary commensurate with education and experience; subject to NJ State regulations.
Position available: January 1, 2023 (or negotiated start date in 2023).
Deadline for receipt of all applications: August 1, 2022.
New Jersey School Boards Association
Charlene Peterson, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer