The Mountainside School District, a two-school, Pre-K-8 Union County district serving 730 + students in our
close-knit, inclusive community, seeks a strong, visionary leader to help carry out its renewed commitment to
academic, career and social achievement for all students. The successful candidate will have proven
experience and success in the creation and implementation of curriculum (including STEM/STEAM) and
professional development. They should also be skilled in financial management and educational technology.
He/She should have excellent communication skills, and experience working with the community, personnel,
and the Board of Education.
• NJ School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility required
• Experience as a Superintendent, Principal, or other relevant Central Office position required
• 5 years teaching experience required
• Experience using student achievement data to drive curriculum and instruction required
• Experience with Special Education preferred
• Familiarity with a send/receive structure a plus
Salary commensurate with education and experience; subject to NJ State regulations.
Position available: on July 1, 2019.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00 PM EST February 28, 2019.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and copy of certification to:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer