NJSBA is seeking a full-time field service representative. This individual will provide services, programs and training to meet the specific needs of local school boards serving the northern counties in New Jersey. Key responsibilities include:
- Promote training and provide dues-based individualized services, programs and training to meet the specific needs of all local boards of education in northern New Jersey. Generate revenue through fee-based services.
- Respond to requests for information and provide consultation and assistance to local boards, board members and administrators as needed.
- Provide professional support, develop, present and market NJSBA at county school boards association meetings, programs and activities.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to staff, membership, and groups outside the Association.
- Perform other Association duties.
The ideal candidate must be able to work collaboratively with multiple constituents and represent the operation broadly within and outside the Association. Effective consultative skills, including problem identification, problem analysis and problem resolution skills are required.
Candidates should be exceptionally detail-oriented, highly motivated, creative and organized, with the ability to execute projects on tight deadlines.
A valid driver’s license and automobile are required, as is a high level of proficiency in MS Office/Word, Excel and Outlook.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and knowledge of public education and school board governance are required. Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, and have the capability to work from home.
The position is available on or before July 1, 2016. The minimum salary is $72,157.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume relevant to the position along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NJSBA complies with the “New Jersey First Act.” This Act requires all NJSBA employees, hired on or after Sept. 1, 2011, to currently reside in New Jersey or relocate within one year of their hire date.