This year’s November Annual School Election will be held November 6, 2018. The deadline for candidates to submit their nominating petition to the county clerk is 4 p.m. July 30, 2018.
School board secretaries and residents interested in board member candidacy can download the free kit, which includes information on:
- Important Dates
- Sample Nominating Petition
- Sample News Release for Business Administrators
- Vote Poster for downloading
- How to Become a School Board Member
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Requirements of the New Jersey School Ethics Act
- Criminal Background Checks
- 2018 School Election and Budget Procedures Calendar
- Campaign Reporting Requirements
- Candidate Briefings
If you have any questions, please contact Ann Marie Smith in the NJSBA Communications Department at (609) 278-5209 or via email.