The New Jersey School Boards Association has announced the winners of the 2017 Innovations in Special Education Award. The annual program recognizes exemplary programs for special education students. It is sponsored by NJSBA and ASAH, which serves the private special education community.
Selected programs will be honored at a special event held prior to Special Education Week in New Jersey, May 14-20, 2017.
Innovations Award winners are as follows:
- 21st Century Careers, Benway School, Passaic County
- Coding and Robotics Club, Bright Beginnings Learning Center, Education Services Commission of New Jersey, Middlesex County
- Kindness from the Heart, Benedict A. Cucinella Elementary School, Washington Township School District, Morris County
- LHS Transition Students / Career Exploration, Lawrence High School, Lawrence Township School District, Mercer County
- Percussion Workshop for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Governor Livingston High School, Berkeley Heights School District, Union County
- Senior Citizen Luncheon, Hunterdon Central Regional High School, Hunterdon Central Regional School District, Hunterdon County
- Sustainability in the Classroom, Archbishop Damiano School, Gloucester County