On Thursday, April 23, NJSBA Legislative Advocate Jonathan Pushman appeared on a Facebook Live Event to provide an update on the latest developments from Trenton and answer question from viewers. Topics that were covered included:
- How the state Legislature has continued to conduct business during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- The state’s extension of the current fiscal year and tax filing deadline, as well as the delay of the start of fiscal year 2021;
- How state budget deliberations will proceed in the coming months and what impact that process might have on public school districts;
- Recently approved legislation permitting the use of remote or virtual instruction to meet the 180-day school year requirement; and
- Senate President Sweeney’s worker furlough proposal.
To view a recording of the event, please visit the NJSBA’s Facebook webpage: https://www.facebook.com/njsba/live_videos/