The New Jersey School Boards Association, in cooperation with Dell, is offering a Summer Leadership Series, “Leading Digital Transformation in Your District.” Local school board leaders can learn about the role leadership plays in the digital transformation of schools, including the role of leadership in the Future Ready Schools – New Jersey certification program.
Part I took place on Monday, July 15, and focused on the vision for the district. Part II took place on Aug. 1 and focused on planning and goal development toward a shared vision.
Read more about the third and final session on Aug. 14 below, including how to register:
Session #3, Structures: Plans and Policies for Support and Accountability
Wednesday, Aug. 14, NJSBA Headquarters, Trenton, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Board Member Academy Credits: 4
The final session will focus on the structures that support ongoing transformation within a district. These relate to scheduling, the technology itself, the support plan for teachers, how to involve students, and setting clear attainable expectations. Topics include:
- Establishing board approved processes for vetting and implementation
- Establishing budgetary processes that take in the whole picture
- Creating effective communication plans
- Ensuring a process that honors teacher and student voices
- Data security considerations
- Understanding the new models of teaching and learning that will be supported
- Metrics for examining success
- Digital workflows/systems
- Process for the selection of aligned resources
- Process of creating effective pilots
- Development of policy for effective oversight and monitoring
The Summer Leadership Series programs are supported by the Educational Leadership Foundation of New Jersey, and are offered at no cost to New Jersey school leaders.