Each year NJSBA’s governmental relations staff schedules meetings with local legislators during the summer, when lawmakers are in their home offices and typically have more time to discuss issues.
NJSBA will be scheduling meetings with legislators in districts throughout the state, and will be notifying local board members about the meetings. The Association urges local board members to attend the meetings, and to make the concerns of school board members and local districts heard.
The current schedule is below. For meeting location, and for more information, contact the NJSBA legislative advocate listed.
- Aug. 10, 2-2:30 p.m., Assemblywoman Annette Chaparro, Legislative District 33; contact Jonathan Pushman.
- Aug. 11, 1:30-2 p.m., Senator Diane Allen, Legislative District 7; contact Christopher Jones.
- Aug. 11, 10-10:30 a.m., Assemblyman Jack Ciattarelli, Legislative District 16; contact Christopher Jones or Jonathan Pushman.
- Aug. 12, 11-11:30 a.m., Assemblyman Troy Singleton, Legislative District 7; contact Christopher Jones.
- Aug. 15, 11-11:30 a.m., Assemblywoman Angelica Jimenez, Legislative District 32; contact Jonathan Pushman.
- Aug. 15, 11-11:30 a.m., Senator Samuel Thompson, Legislative District 12; contact Christopher Jones.
- Aug. 16, 9:30-10:00 a.m., Assemblyman David P. Rible, Legislative District 30; contact Jonathan Pushman.
- Aug. 17, 1- 1:30 p.m., Assemblyman David Wolfe, Legislative District 10; contact Sharon Seyler.
- Aug. 26, 1-1:30 p.m., Assemblyman Adam Taliaferro, Legislative District 3; contact Jonathan Pushman.
- Sept. 20, 10:00-10:30 a.m., Senator Thomas H. Kean, Jr., Legislative District 21; contact Christopher Jones or Jonathan Pushman.
NJSBA will post updates to scheduled meetings as they become available.