On Dec. 3, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released an order pertaining to Category Two funding support. The order codifies the FCC’s intent to permanently provide funding for eligible Category Two equipment and services. It further implements sweeping changes to the rules starting in Funding Year 2021.
For Funding Year 2020:
- The order extends the original five-year period (Funding Years 2015-2019) by one additional year;
- It provides an additional prorated portion of 20% to the Category Two budgets of all eligible entities.
Starting in Funding Year 2021, the order establishes the following:
- Reset of all C2 budgets;
- Fixed five-year C2 budget cycles;
- District-wide C2 budgets (rather than school-specific budgets);
- Fixed per pupil multiplier for every five-year cycle ($167 per pupil for 2021-2025 cycle);
The webinar will be presented on Dec. 18. Those interested are encouraged to attend. A recorded link will be available after the completion of the webinar.
December 18, 2019 12 p.m.
Register Today! This webinar is free to all New Jersey school districts and member charter schools, but registration is required.
View the full list of upcoming and archived NJSBA webinars online. For more information on the NJSBA TEC webinar series, contact Lou Schimenti, NJSBA products and services manager, via email.