On Feb. 4-6, New Jersey school board members will have the chance to go to Capitol Hill and speak with their Congressional and Senate representatives. The 2018 Advocacy Institute, taking place in Washington, D.C., gives board members the opportunity to learn about the most critical issues affecting public education, sharpen their advocacy skills, and prepare for effective meetings with representatives.
The fee for registration for the Advocacy Institute Conference is $695
This year the conference includes:
- Hear from renowned journalist Cokie Roberts, political commentator for NPR and ABC News.
- Participate in the National School Board Town Hall on School Choice.
- Attend beginner or advanced advocacy breakout sessions to prepare for your visit to Capitol Hill.
- Take part in general sessions featuring national policy experts, members of Congress, “DC Insiders” and local school board members.
- Network at the Hill Day Wrap-Up Reception.
To learn more about the conference and to register: https://www.nsba.org/events/advocacy-institute or contact Sharon Seyler, Legislative Advocate for federal issues in public education, via email or by calling (609) 278-5282.