Three Future Ready Schools – New Jersey Regional Certification Summits will take place in February, marking the official launch of the year’s Indicators of Future Readiness, the opening of the certification submission phase of the program.
The summits will be an opportunity for school and district Future Ready teams to learn about the full process of certification, while beginning to plan and execute their submissions.
The events will be held on Feb. 22 at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark (north), Feb. 26, at Bayshore Middle School, Middletown (central), and Feb. 27, at Stockton University, Galloway (south).
The full-day event will include a chance to hear from certified schools and their students, experience a walk-through of the Future Ready certification process, and explore the new structure and content of the 2018 Indicators. The events will also serve as a chance to network, learn from, and collaborate with other innovative and dedicated educators and leaders. Space is limited. Registration and additional information is available online.
Related Training: CLEAR: Cradle to Career Summit The Collaborative for Leadership, Education, and Assessment Research (CLEAR) is hosting a Cradle to Career (C3) Summit on Friday, Jan. 5 at NJIT in Newark. The summit is designed to bring three distinct communities together under one roof: the Future Ready Schools – New Jersey community; the educators and leaders involved or interested in I-STEAM activities including the STEAM Tank competition and the maker movement; and NJIT faculty researchers interested in collaborating with K-12 educators.
The goal is to foster greater collaboration within New Jersey’s K-20 community, enable educators and leaders to learn about a diverse array of opportunities for their schools, students, and educators and foster a larger networked community of innovative and dedicated educators, leaders, and researchers who share the same goal of best preparing our students for success, from the cradle to career. Registration and additional information is available online.
Important Dates – Future Ready Schools – New Jersey Schools and districts interested in the Future Ready Schools New Jersey Certification program should note the following dates:
- Jan. 5 – Deadline to volunteer for 2018 task forces
- Jan. 10 – 16 – Inaugural task force meetings
- Feb. 15 – “Are you Future Ready?” 101 (Formerly named the “Are You Future Ready? Working Session)
- Feb. 22 – Launch of the FRS-NJ Indicators
- Feb. 22 – FRS-NJ Certification Summit (North Regional)
- Feb. 26 – FRS-NJ Certification Summit (Central Regional)
- Feb. 27 – FRS-NJ Certification Summit (South Regional)
- March 9 – NJSBA’s Technology Conference
- March 27 – CLEAR: Cradle to Career (C3) Summit
- May 10 – “Are you Future Ready?” 101 (Formerly named the “Are You Future Ready? Working Session)
- June 30 – Deadline to submit for certification
- Workshop 2018 (late October) – Awards Ceremony
To learn more about the Future Ready Schools – New Jersey certification program visit the Future Ready website, follow Future Ready Schools – New Jersey on Facebook and Twitter at @FRSNewJersey, or email email@example.com.