The New Jersey School Boards Association, a leader in serving local boards of education, is seeking a Labor Relations Consultant to provide labor relations guidance to local boards of education, including salary guide analysis and preparation.
The individual in this position will be responsible for providing on-site assistance to local boards, including bargaining preparation, mediation, and collective negotiations agreement analyses; and for developing and presenting interactive presentations at internal Association programs, external training and informational sessions/meetings, and web-based training as assigned. The successful candidate will also write for departmental publications as required, and contribute articles to other Association publications; analyze legislative proposals affecting labor relations, and support lobbying efforts by preparing materials, research, meeting with legislators and assisting with testimony;
Qualifications A successful candidate for this position should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of experience in public sector labor relations preferred.
- Knowledge of public sector bargaining, employment and ethics law.
- Knowledge of public education, school law and school board governance is preferred.
- Effective consultative skills including analytical skills, legal analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituents, and to represent the operation broadly within and outside the Association.
- Must work flexible schedule; occasional statewide travel involved.
Candidates must be current residents of New Jersey, or be able to relocate to the state within one year of initial employment, or be otherwise qualified for employment under the New Jersey First Act (N.J.S.A. 52:14-7).
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample via email to Kim Blum, director of human resources, email@example.com. The application deadline is Feb. 27.