This year’s April School Election will be held April 21, and the deadline for candidates to submit their nominating petition is 4 p.m. March 2, 2015.
School board secretaries and residents interested in board member candidacy can download the free kit, which includes information on:
- Important dates
- Nominating petition
- How to become a school board member
- Frequently asked questions
- Requirements of the New Jersey School Ethics Act
- Criminal background checks
- 2015 School Election and Budget Procedures Calendar
- Campaign reporting requirements
- Candidate briefings
The Candidate Kit also includes a sample news release for school business administrators and a “Vote” poster, which can be downloaded for printing.
If you have any questions, please contact the NJSBA Communications Department at (609) 278-5202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.