To help the state’s public schools access non-tax funding, the New Jersey School Boards Association offers a Grant Support Services Program through the Grants Office.
New Jersey districts are encouraged to apply for the following new grant.
The Skills for Success Grant Program recently opened, and has an “intent to apply” deadline of June 25. The application deadline is July 29.
The focus of the Skills for Success grant is to help local educational agencies (LEAs) and their partners in implementing, evaluating, and refining tools and approaches for developing the non-cognitive skills of students in middle grades to increase student success. The grant is intended to help build the capacity of LEAs and their partners to conduct research and apply that research to school and district-level practices.
Four to five grants will be awarded, with funding ranging between $400,000 and $600,000 for a period between 12 and 36 months. To learn more email the Grants Office or call (800) 473-5608.
Districts looking for additional assistance with grant research and preparing grant proposals should contact the NJSBA Grant Support Services Program. NJSBA Grants Support Program can help:
- Conduct basic grant research for identified projects;
- Provide insightful analyses of grant programs;
- Provide rationale for grant recommendations;
- Conduct conference calls to discuss grant seeking strategies;
- Review and supply useful feedback on grants written internally by school or foundation personnel; and
- Procure Requests for Proposals (RFPs), grant contact information, funding histories, web addresses, etc., upon request.
The NJSBA Grant Support Program also offers eligible members a 25 percent discount on the Grants Office’s standard proposal development pricing.