The New Jersey School Boards Association has announced the winners of the 2018 Innovations in Special Education Award. The annual awards program, which recognizes exemplary programs for special education students, is sponsored by NJSBA and ASAH, which serves the private special education community.
Selected programs will be honored at a special event held in conjunction with Special Education Week in New Jersey, May 13-19, 2018. The honorees are:
- Bulldog Think Tank and STEM Innovation Station Model Classroom, Memorial Elementary School, Howell Township School District, Monmouth County
- Fitbit360 Initiative, Academy 360 Lower School, Spectrum 360, Essex County
- NHA Girls Club, Northern Hills Academy, Sussex County Education Services Commission, Sussex County
- TEAM (Teaching and Educating with Authentic Methods) Program, Ventnor Elementary School, Ventnor School District, Atlantic County
- The Caring, Sharing and Pairing Program, New Road School of Somerset, Somerset County