The unplanned and sudden shift to “homeschooling” due to the pandemic has resulted in both successes and challenges for all parents, but especially those with children who have special needs.
Join us on Thursday, May 21 from 4 – 5:30 p.m. for a program designed to address the issues that parents are confronting daily, including academic and behavioral challenges from pre-K to secondary transition programs. The program offers one Board Member Academy credit.
A panel of educators will discuss the challenges that parents have shared with them as well as provide suggestions on how to meet the needs of students at home.
- Melita Gagliardi, President, Emma Havens Young PTA; vice president, Brick Township Board of Education
- Catherine Havens, supervisor/Pre K-5 program coordinator, North Brunswick Township Schools
- Matthew Korobkin, senior advisor for special education services, Public Consulting Group
- Cathy Lindenbaum, president, New Jersey PTA
- Alexis Rich, supervisor of special education, North Brunswick Township Schools
Registration Information School board members, superintendents, and others included on the census may register themselves online for this training program. Registrants will receive an access link for the meeting via email prior to the meeting date.
For questions regarding this program, please email Lucia Gershman, email@example.com, program coordinator.