NJSBA has posted the 2017 November Election Candidate Kit online on the NJSBA home page.
This year’s November Annual School Election will be held November 7, 2017. The deadline for candidates to submit their nominating petition to the county clerk is 4 p.m. July 31, 2017. Most New Jersey school boards hold elections in November.
School board secretaries and residents interested in board member candidacy can download the free kit, which includes information on:
- Important dates
- Sample nominating petition
- Sample news release for business administrators
- Vote poster for downloading
- How to become a school board member
- Frequently asked questions
- Requirements of the New Jersey School Ethics Act
- Criminal background checks
- 2017 school election and budget procedures calendar
- Campaign reporting requirements
- Candidate briefings
If you have any questions, please contact Ann Marie Smith in the NJSBA communications department at (609) 278-5209 or via email.