NJSBA has posted the 2020 November Election Candidate’s Kit online on the NJSBA website. To access the kit from the NJSBA website home page, click on the “About NJSBA” tab, then click on “Membership” in the drop-down menu, then the ‘For School Board Members” tab, then “Candidate’s Kit”—or simply enter www.njsba.org/candidacy into your web browser.
This year’s November Annual School Election will be held Nov. 3, 2020. The deadline for candidates to submit their nominating petition to the county clerk is 4 p.m. July 27, 2020.
School board secretaries and residents interested in board member candidacy can download the free kit, which includes information on:
- Important Dates
- Sample Nominating Petition
- Sample News Release for Business Administrators
- Vote Poster for downloading
- How to Become a School Board Member
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Requirements of the New Jersey School Ethics Act
- Criminal Background Checks
- 2020 School Election and Budget Procedures Calendar
- Campaign Reporting Requirements
- Candidate Briefings
If you have any questions, please email Ann Marie Smith in the NJSBA Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 278-5209.