The NJSBA has posted the 2019 November Election Candidate Kit online on the NJSBA website. To access the kit from the NJSBA website home page, click on the “About NJSBA” tab, then click on “Membership” in the drop-down menu, then the “For School Board Members” tab, then “Candidate Kit.”
This year’s November Annual School Election will be held Nov. 5, 2019. The deadline for candidates to submit their nominating petition to the county clerk is 4 p.m. July 29, 2019.
School board secretaries and residents interested in board member candidacy can download the free kit, which includes information on:
- Important dates
- Sample nominating petition
- Sample news release for business administrators
- “Vote” poster for downloading
- How to Become a School Board Member
- Frequently asked questions
- Requirements of the New Jersey School Ethics Act
- Criminal background checks
- 2018 School Election and Budget Procedures Calendar
- Campaign reporting requirements
- Candidate briefings
If you have any questions, please contact Ann Marie Smith in the NJSBA Communications Department at (609) 278-5209 or email@example.com.