The Annual Fall School Law Forum will take place virtually live on Thursday, Nov. 12 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Learn about recent developments and emerging issues in school law. Practicing school board attorneys will share research and their own experiences in addressing the latest court decisions, administrative rulings, statutes and code that affect public education and school district governance.
- School law update
- Emerging issues regarding significant developments in school law
- PERC and the school laws, scope petitions and unfair practices
- HIB code revisions and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD)
- School refusal — a student who refuses to attend to the physical location of classes, usually due to bullying, school phobia, or a special education issue
- Documenting immunity under the Tort Claims Act
- Leave, absenteeism and other grounds for dismissal
- The Workplace Democracy Enhancement Act/Janus Decision
- Creating, protecting and preserving the attorney-client privilege
Program Rates/Professional Development Credits AMPSA members and exhibiting law firms may attend for $249 per person. The non-member rate is $498 per person. This program will carry 5.5 CLE pending credits for New Jersey lawyers and 3 Board Member Academy Credits.
Registration School board member and school administrator registration may be handled online by the school business administrator. A purchase order must be attached to the registration.
AMPSA Members AMPSA members may register online on the NJSBA website by logging into their account and paying by credit card.
Non-Member Attorneys Attorneys who are not members of AMPSA may attend at the non-member rate. Please contact Cindy Harrison via email to register.