The NJSBA Workshop is the largest professional development event for school leaders in New Jersey. But what’s the best way to describe what you can do during the whirlwind extravaganza that is Workshop 2019?
- Confer with colleagues from around the state: More than 8,500 school leaders have already registered to attend next week’s Workshop in Atlantic City from Oct. 21 through Oct. 24, and more are signing up each day.
- Learn new things: Attendees will be provided with 305 training opportunities, informational sessions and professional development opportunities. Come hear about the latest technology, improvements in school security and innovative approaches to learning.
- Hear the education commissioner: Lamont Repollet will address the crowd on Tuesday about the importance of equity in learning.
- Understand social-emotional learning: On Wednesday, keynote speaker Ian Hockley will discuss his new “Wingman program” that can save lives by helping students overcome depression and isolation as they learn how to understand and care for others.
- Support student contestants and performers: Hundreds of students will be participating in the STEAM Tank competition, where they will explain their inventions to judges, and dozens of other students will be singing, dancing and performing live.
- See 10 top student films. The NJSBA will screen 10 of the best student films from across the state as part of a new 2019 Film Showcase that is a joint collaboration between NJSBA, Steven Van Zandt’s Teach Rock initiative and Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, The Garden State Film Festival, The New Jersey Motion Picture and Television Commission and the Artists Alike Film Festival. Student films will be screened Oct. 22 and Oct. 23 in the Film Festival Theater on the exhibit floor.
And that’s just a sample of what there is to see and do at Workshop. Already, with a week to go, five counties have achieved 100% attendance. To see the attendance figures, and to see the level of participation from your county, visit the attendee page.
For late-breaking developments before or during Workshop, download our mobile phone app.
There are now more program offerings on the first day of the conference, on Monday, Oct. 21, than ever before. The full schedule of all events is available on the mobile phone app or on the workshop page here: https://workshop.njsba.org/
Hope to see you in Atlantic City!