The New Jersey School Boards Association, a service organization for the state’s local boards of education, is seeking a staff accountant. Reporting to the director of budget and finance, the successful candidate will perform the following core functions:
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger closings
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Prepare budgetary comparisons
- Review/audit expense reports
- Assist external auditors with year-end audit
- Assist in special projects as necessary
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Initiate and implement best practices of internal audit procedures
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or equivalent level of education as well as:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in public/private accounting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and in groups
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Have experience working with Great Plains or similar financial/accounting software
This is a full-time position. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Benefits include health and dental coverage; paid time off, short- and long-term disability. Eligible employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System. Minimum salary $76,874.
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
NJSBA complies with the “New Jersey First Act.” Employees hired on or after September 1, 2011, are required to currently reside in NJ or relocate within one year of their hire date.