Eight New Jersey public schools won federal “blue ribbon” awards for offering high academic excellence, quality programs and improving student achievement.
The public schools honored were:
- Bergen County: Glen Rock High School, Glen Rock School District.
- Hudson County: Ronald E. McNair Academic High School, Jersey City School District.
- Hunterdon County: East Amwell Township School, East Amwell Township School District.
- Monmouth County: Academy of Allied Health & Science, Monmouth County Vocational School District.
- Morris County: Old Farmers Road School, Washington Township School District.
- Passaic County: James Fallon Elementary School, Wayne Township School District.
- Passaic County: School 28, Paterson School District.
Ten non-public schools were also honored. Nationally, 300 public and 49 non-public schools were honored by the U.S. Department of Education.
National Blue Ribbon schools are honored at an annual awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., where each school receives a plaque and flag. Additional information is available on the New Jersey Department of Education website.