The New Jersey School Boards Association is offering a series of regional training programs on the Common Core State Standards. The programs are hosted through the county school boards associations and presented by officials from the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE).
For more than 20 years, New Jersey has had a standards-based educational system, which was reviewed periodically. In May 2015, Gov. Chris Christie directed the NJDOE to review the Common Core State Standards. What will the process look like? Who will be involved? How does it fit in with PARCC? Will it dramatically change the direction of New Jersey’s curriculum and testing?
Kimberley Harrington, Chief Academic Officer/Assistant Commissioner, Division of Teaching and Learning, NJ DOE, will discuss the future of Common Core and state standards.
School board members are welcome to attend training in any county. Please refer to the list below for regional training dates and locations.
- Sept. 24: Mercer CSBA, NJ Manufacturers Headquarters, Trenton, Register Now
- Oct. 1: Essex CSBA, Green Brook Country Club, N. Caldwell, Register Now
- Nov. 4: Union CSBA, The Westwood, Garwood, Register Now
- Nov. 18: Cumberland CSBA, Eastlyn Golf Course, Vineland, Register Now
- Dec. 1: Camden/Gloucester CSBA, Villaris Lakeside, Sicklerville, Register Now
All programs run from 6 – 9 p.m. with dinner and networking from 6 – 6:45 p.m.
Registration Information School board members may register themselves online for this training program. Online registration requires a password. If you need to retrieve your password, please click here. County programs are free for dues-paying NJSBA members. The cost for additional staff is $40 per person.