The 48th Annual Fall School Law Forum will take place on Thursday, Oct. 25 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (registration and continental breakfast, 8:30 a.m.) at the Atlantic City Convention Center during the annual Workshop 2018 Conference.
This training will delve into recent developments and emerging issues in school law, and is designed for school attorneys, school board members, and other school law officials.
Practicing school board attorneys will share research and their own experiences in addressing the latest court decisions, administrative rulings, statutes and codes that affect public education and school district governance.
- School law update
- Emerging issues regarding significant developments in school law
- PERC and the school laws, scope petitions and unfair practices
- HIB code revisions and the NJLAD
- School refusal
- Documenting immunity under the TCA
- Leave, absenteeism and other grounds for dismissal
- The Workplace Democracy Enhancement Act/Janus Decision
- Creating, protecting and preserving the attorney-client privilege
Program Rates/Professional Development Credits Workshop registrants may attend for $75 per person. AMPSA members and exhibiting law firms may attend for $249 per person. The non-member rate is $498 per person. The registration fee includes a continental breakfast and lunch. This program will carry 6 CLE pending credits for New Jersey lawyers, including 1 credit for ethics, and 4 Board Member Academy Credits.
Registration School board member and school administrator registration may be handled online by the school business administrator. A purchase order must be attached to the registration.
Non-Member Attorneys Attorneys who are not members of AMPSA may attend at the non-member rate. Please contact Cindy Harrison via email to register.