The New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA) is hosting regional Candidates Briefings to address the structure and responsibilities of local school boards in New Jersey. Participants will receive pertinent information on topics including:
- An overview of the role of the board member;
- Legal requirements, including criminal background checks and financial disclosures;
- The board as a policy-making body;
- Training requirements;
- Ethical considerations to avoid conflicts of interest;
- Resources available to board members.
This program is available at no cost to the candidates or their districts. All programs run from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. with registration and light refreshments at 6:30 p.m. Candidates are urged to attend at a location that is convenient for them.
All programs will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 2. To register for a session, click on the region name below:
Parsippany High School
309 Baldwin Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054
North Brunswick High School
98 Raiders Rd., North Brunswick, NJ 08902
Hammonton High School
566 Old Forks Rd, Hammonton, NJ 08037
For more information, email the NJSBA Field Services department.