The New Jersey School Boards Association is seeking an individual for a Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable/Payroll position.
JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable/Payroll, Finance and Operations Department
ABOUT THE ROLE: Responsible for handling the accounts payable processes of the organization.
- Review and process invoices for payment that are received from vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure that invoices are accurate and comply with association policies and procedures
- Resolve discrepancies with invoices and communicate with vendors to resolve payment issues.
- Work with other departments within the organization to ensure that all invoices and payments are properly authorized and approved
- Prepare and process payments to vendors and suppliers in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of all accounts payable transactions.
- Prepare weekly payment vouchers, including checks, invoices and purchase orders. Ensure proper approval and signatures are obtained before mailing.
- Generate financial reports related to accounts payable activities and provide analysis as needed
- Prepare end-of-fiscal-year open purchase order report
- Prepare accounts payable reports for annual audit
- Prepare and issue year-end 1099 forms for the required vendors
- Prepare spreadsheet with expenses paid for employees, Board of Directors, and Officers through review of employee expense reports, for review with the Audit Committee
- Perform general office functions such as typing, filing, copying and answering telephones.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Review employees’ timecards to check accuracy of work hours.
- Prepare, process and transmit biweekly payroll records to third party payroll processor.
- Verify employees’ payroll payments through the payroll system, issue deductions, earnings and other statements to employees and update payroll records regularly.
- Create, pay and file ELFNJ (non-profit entity) federal and state payroll taxes.
- Perform payroll accounts reconciliations. Reconcile and transmit the quarterly Public Employees’ Retirement System payroll deductions to New Jersey’s records.
- Respond to inquiries from employees and resolve any issues that may occur.
- Educate new hires on utilization of self-service aspects of the payroll and benefits systems.
- Annually, provide outside payroll provider information regarding the cost of employee health insurance to prepare the IRS Form 1095’s.
- Annually, prepare and issue the IRS Form 1099-MISC’s.for qualifying vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form. Must also demonstrate accurate data entry skills, excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups.
- Must work evenings and weekends, when required, to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Familiarity with accounting programs and software, experience in Great Plains accounting software preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Apps including Teams, Lists, SharePoint, One Drive, Forms and traditional Office Apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Above responsibilities relate to New Jersey School Boards Association and for the not-for-profit entity, Educational Leadership Foundation of New Jersey.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closes:June 2, 2023
Job Title:Bookkeeper-Accounts Payable/Payroll