Lead Coordinator, County Activities
NEW JERSEY SCHOOL BOARDS ASSOCIATION
“Our mission is the advancement of public education in New Jersey”
JOB TITLE: Lead Coordinator, County Activities
ABOUT THE ROLE
Facilitate member development through county/regional board programming. Plan, coordinate and attend County School Boards Association programs and events throughout the state.
- Plan and oversee all aspects of the virtual, hybrid, and in-person county meeting and program including arranging speakers, coordinating agenda, setup and facility arrangement. Attend and participate in county school boards association meetings.
- Perform update to county website pages, as necessary.
- Determine training needs for each county and design programs to meet those needs.
- Coordinate planning sessions with county leadership during the summer with each of my counties to prepare for the upcoming year.
- Identify and arrange for speakers, special guests, etc. to meet the topic needs for the county meeting.
- Plan customized programs that meet the specific needs of the county associations and regional programming while promoting NJSBA services and the advocacy agenda.
- Identify the activities to occur in the County leadership elections process.
- Identify the leaders to run for election. Notify all members in county seeking applications. Run elections at meetings according to process set in bylaws.
- Coordinate Annual Student Programs to include marketing, course forms, awards and following up with communication with each district that is participating.
- Coordinate Annual Spring dinner/awards to include marketing, course creation form, organize awards and certificates for each board member that is being recognized.
- Coordinate with the professional development department and mailroom to present milestone and training awards at spring meetings.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in meeting/event planning and/or related activities
- Experience in public education and/or school board governance
- Valid driver’s license and automobile
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Apps including Teams, Lists, SharePoint, One Drive, Forms and traditional Office Apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Social media experience with Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates excellent planning, coordination skills, and ability to handle details, excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form, ability to exercise good judgement and make independent decisions, handle multiple priorities while adhering to deadlines. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, including the ability to work effectively with groups and individuals.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com by June 16, 2023.
Issued: May 2021
Revised: May 2023