The New Providence Board of Education seeks an innovative educational leader to serve as Superintendent of Schools. New Providence is a high-performing district committed to excellence and consistently ranked one of the top public schools in New Jersey. The district’s ideal candidate is an engaged and visible leader committed to students’ intellectual growth, character development, and well-being. The successful candidate is expected to engage with the community and create partnerships to ensure a supportive environment and equitable opportunities for all students. New Providence seeks an exceptional leader who appreciates the traditions of the past and has the vision to work with all constituents to meet the needs of the future.
The Borough of New Providence is a residential community of approximately 13,600 residents in suburban Union County, 25 miles from New York City. New Providence School District offers education for pre-kindergarten students through twelfth grade. We operate on a $49 million dollar budget. This close-knit community serves 2300 students within two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school.
- NJ School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility required.
- Earned Doctorate preferred but not required.
- Five years experience as a Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Principal, or other relevant Central Office position preferred.
- Experience in curriculum development, personnel management, communications, and short and long-range planning.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Educational leadership with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A visionary and forward-thinking individual who demonstrates exceptional pedagogical knowledge to meet the needs of all learners.
- Ability to work collaboratively while maintaining a culture of mutual respect and trust with students, staff, parents, and community.
- Documented history of success in advancing student achievement.
- Community Outreach and Engagement.
.Position Available: July 1, 2024 Application Deadline: Dec. 1, 2023
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience; subject to NJ regulations.
All applications must be submitted through this link:
New Jersey School Boards Association
Patricia Rees, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer