The Somerville Board of Education, in collaboration with our staff, students, parents and community is seeking an experienced and innovative educational leader with documented success and expertise in raising student achievement and ensuring quality educational experiences for every child. Somerville is a diverse suburban PreK-12 district with a tradition of educational excellence located in Somerset County, New Jersey. The district has a send/receive relationship with Branchburg for their high school students. Our district serves 2178 students in 3 Schools, supported by a staff of 418 with an operating budget of 63+million dollars.
- NJ School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility required
- Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Central Office experience preferred
- Principal and teaching experience preferred
- Earned Doctorate preferred
- Bilingual fluency a plus
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Documented history in advancing student achievement and data driven decision making
- Educational leadership with strong interpersonal, exceptional listening and communication skills
- Knowledge of special education, curriculum, and instruction, SEL and bilingualprogramming
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Finance and Facilities Management
Salary commensurate with education and experience; subject to NJ State regulations.
Position available on or before July 1, 2024.
Deadline for receipt of all applications: 9:00 am EST, December 7, 2023.
SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH – Somerville
New Jersey School Boards Association, Gwen Thornton, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer