09/30/2020 11:00 am
The New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA) is hosting regional Candidates Briefings to address the structure and responsibilities of local school boards in New Jersey. Participants will receive pertinent information on topics including:
• An overview on the role of the board member;
• Legal requirements, including criminal background checks and financial disclosures;
• The board as a policy-making body;
• Training requirements;
• Ethical considerations to avoid conflicts of interest;
• Resources available to board members.
This program is available at no cost to the candidates or their districts.
The recording below includes the material covered at the September 30th and October 7th Candidate Briefing webinars.