The New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA) is hosting regional Candidates Briefings to address the structure and responsibilities of local school boards in New Jersey. Participants will receive pertinent information on topics including:
- An overview of the role of the board member;
- Legal requirements, including criminal background checks and financial disclosures;
- The board as a policy-making body;
- Training requirements;
- Ethical considerations to avoid conflicts of interest;
- Resources available to board members.
This virtual program is available at no cost to the candidates or their districts. Please encourage candidates to register for their region.
To view the recording of the previously scheduled Candidates Briefing, Click Here.
For more information, email the NJSBA Field Services department.