The Division of Local Government Services is seeking comments by April 23 on a rule proposal that amends various portions of N.J.A.C. 5:32, which pertains to the licensure of certain government officers. The parts relevant to school boards and school business officials include:
- For continuing education credits earned during a certification renewal period extended pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:27D-18.5, allowing DLGS-licensed officials to carry over to the next licensure renewal period a number of earned continuing education contact hours not to exceed 50% of the total number of credits required to renew the individual’s license or certificate. The appendix to Local Finance Notice 2020-13 has a chart listing the impacted license periods for qualified purchasing agents.
- Increasing from 20 hours to 25 hours the total number of continuing education contact hours that an individual must earn to maintain qualified purchasing agent certification.
- Codifying the division’s ability to offer examination reviews in a group setting at an off-site location.
- Requiring a contracting unit that had appointed a QPA to notify its auditor if the QPA vacates their position.
- Restating, in more explicit language, the current requirements for governing body appointment of a temporary QPA.
The rule proposal is available on the DLGS Rules and Regulations webpage. Comments on the rule proposal shall be in writing and submitted either by email or by regular mail to the address below.
Jason R. Martucci, Esq.
Administrative Practice Officer
Division of Local Government Services
Department of Community Affairs
PO Box 803
Trenton, NJ 08625-0803