The Division of Local Government Services is seeking comments by April 23 on a rule proposal that amends various portions of N.J.A.C. 5:32, which pertains to the licensure of certain government officers. The parts relevant to school boards and school business officials include:
- For continuing education credits earned during a certification renewal period extended pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:27D-18.5, allowing DLGS-licensed officials to carry over to the next licensure renewal period a number of earned continuing education contact hours not to exceed 50% of the total number of credits required to renew the individual’s license or certificate. The appendix to Local Finance Notice 2020-13 has a chart listing the impacted license periods for qualified purchasing agents.
- Increasing from 20 hours to 25 hours the total number of continuing education contact hours that an individual must earn to maintain qualified purchasing agent certification.
- Codifying the division’s ability to offer examination reviews in a group setting at an off-site location.
- Requiring a contracting unit that had appointed a QPA to notify its auditor if the QPA vacates their position.
- Restating, in more explicit language, the current requirements for governing body appointment of a temporary QPA.
Jason R. Martucci, Esq.
Administrative Practice Officer
Division of Local Government Services
Department of Community Affairs
PO Box 803
Trenton, NJ 08625-0803