The New Jersey School Boards Association is accepting applications for a part-time hybrid summer internship in its Professional Learning Division.
- Provides support for training programs and events for New Jersey school board members and educational leaders.
- Assist professional learning staff members with all aspects of event logistics for both virtual and in person events.
- Complete data entry and create and update Excel spreadsheets, forms and documents.
- Conduct research, compile information, develop project plans, review webpages for updates, perform data analysis and make recommendations.
- Keep electronic event files and reports organized and up to date.
- Ensure knowledge is shared in a timely manner within the team to promote efficiency and to identify any issues that may affect productivity and timelines.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- An undergraduate/graduate student majoring in education, public policy, political science or related disciplines.
- Excellent project management skills, including multitasking, prioritization of tasks, attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office package and virtual platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Must be well-organized, able to complete work in a timely manner and highly reliable.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Willing to perform clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed. The intern will receive $20/hour and will be expected to work a maximum of 20 hours/week for eight weeks (approximate start time – early to mid-June, 2022).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and two letters of reference to email@example.com by May 11, 2022.