The New Jersey School Boards Association is proud to announce its new Labor Contract Wellness Check and Salary Guide Wellness Check programs.
NJSBA has reimagined the way we provide our members with valuable labor contract and salary guide analyses by offering a product more directly tailored to issues important to your district. All school districts are different and have different hot-button topics when going into negotiations. As such, the one-size-fits-all contract or salary guide analyses of yesterday will be customized to the issues you tell us are important.
Contract Wellness Check
Contract Wellness Check will analyze teacher contracts and consist of the following two mandatory contract clauses analyses: expiring salary guide analysis and health care.
The submitting district will then be able to specify up to three additional clauses for the NJSBA to analyze. Examples include:
- Contract duration.
- Grievance procedures.
- Workday/school year.
- Negotiation procedures.
- Tuition reimbursement/professional development.
- Additional clause analysis requests will be $150/clause.
Some additional benefits of this program include: one virtual staff member conference with district staff/board negotiations committee, more expedient service, a legal update of hot topics in negotiations that will be updated quarterly and credits toward board certification in NJSBA’s Board Member Academy.
Salary Guide Wellness Check
The Salary Guide Wellness Check will analyze a union’s teachers’ salary guide proposal. The SGWC will include the following:
- A structural analysis of the base year (last year of the expiring salary guide, which is also the base year of the union’s proposal).
- A cost analysis (cost of increment analysis of the expiring salary guide or the union’s full proposal, 1-5 years).
- Legal update of hot topics in negotiations that will be updated quarterly.
- The most recent county settlement data from NJSBA’s data services.
- Additional unit salary guide analysis requests will be $150/hour. Some example units can include secretaries, custodians, paraprofessionals, etc.
Also included in this service is one virtual staff member conference with district staff/board negotiations committee, more expedient service, credits toward board certification in NJSBA’s Board Member Academy as labor credits – and the district will automatically receive county settlement data information, with no need for a formal request.
If your district is interested in either of these programs, please contract Gina Cuciti, coordinator, Legal, Labor Relations & Policy for NJSBA. You will be sent a form to fill out with your identifying information and questions ou will be sent a form to fill out with your identifying information and questions about the services you are requesting. Once the NJSBA receives the form, staff will contact you to address your needs.
Join Us on Facebook Live!
NJSBA staff will be highlighting the benefits of the new wellness check programs at 10 a.m., Dec. 17, during a Facebook Live session. Get your questions answered in real time. Join the event.
Help us take some of the labor out of your labor negotiations.