The American Academy of Pediatrics and the New Jersey Department of Children and Families are hosting a webinar titled “ACEs – A Promise or a Peril: To Screen or Not to Screen, That Is the Question” at 9:15 a.m. on March 9.
The webinar will focus on adverse childhood experiences and will highlight topics such as:
- Debates over whether to screen for ACEs in the clinical setting.
- Risks associated with ACEs screening in pediatric primary care settings.
- ACEs through an equity lens.
- Christine Norbut Beyer, who has been commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Children and Families since 2018.
- Arturo Brito, president and CEO, Children’s Health Fund.
- Rahil D. Briggs, national director of HealthySteps.
- Dave Ellis, executive director of the Office of Resilience, which is a national leader in providing trainings and facilitating conversations on the lasting impacts of ACEs and generational trauma.