The New Jersey School Boards Association is seeking a full-time lead coordinator, sales and strategic operations, to join its team.
The successful candidate will provide support in the areas of revenue development and growth, strategic initiatives and associate memberships. The role will serve as a key driver of continuous improvement, identifying and developing internal and external opportunities to provide an exceptional experience for NJSBA stakeholders. Additionally, this position will assist with the coordination of labor relations services for local boards of education.
The starting salary is $65,000 per year.
- In conjunction with the senior manager, strategic operations, work on creative initiatives for the development of non-dues revenue, including NJSBA’s Corporate Membership Program, NJSBA’s Online Communities, year-round sponsorship opportunities, and NJSBA’s policy services.
- In conjunction with the senior manager, strategic operations, maintain and optimize NJSBA’s online communities’ platform. This includes but is not limited to training NJSBA staff members on using the platform, designing and launching new communities, maximizing engagement and assisting members.
- Under the guidance of the senior manager of strategic operations, proactively seek new opportunities for strategic partnerships and lead generation.
- Create tailored solutions and recommendations for revenue opportunities where out-of-the-box thinking is a necessity. Present compelling value propositions using a strategic and consultative approach.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Personnel Administration Association and Charter School associate membership programs, including fulfillment of member benefits and coordination of finances.
- Provide support for the senior manager, strategic operations, including preparation of materials for direct service to boards, in-district consultations, contract analysis, and salary guide services.
- Provide support functions for the Personnel Administration Association, including virtual and onsite meetings, and the coordination of communications and libraries in the online community.
- Educate partners on driving incremental growth with NJSBA through frequent education on tools, policies, products and programs. Maintain in-depth knowledge in these areas to keep partners informed of new opportunities and tie recommendations to their specific goals and value proposition.
- Monitor the progress of sales, identify shortcomings and propose improvements.
- Prepare contracts for fee-based services and circulate contracts through the SimpliGov contract management system.
- Utilize technology to manage leads, contacts, communication and reports for new and existing strategic initiatives.
- Develop and present interactive presentations at internal association programs, external training and informational sessions/meetings, and web-based training as assigned.
- Write for departmental publications as required and contribute articles to other Association publications (i.e., School Leader and School Board Notes).
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in coordinating and supporting projects.
- Knowledge of virtual platforms like Zoom, Teams, Swoogo, Google meet, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Apps including Teams, Lists, SharePoint, One Drive, Forms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Sales or marketing experience.
- Proficient at writing for business.
- Experience working in CRM or association management systems.
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial drive, project management and problem-solving capabilities.
- Track record of delivering results in cross-functional, high-growth, and fast-paced environments.
- Strong bias for action and comfort with ambiguity.
- Experience in e-commerce, corporate retail, consulting and/or B2B.
- Strong collaboration instincts – desire and ability to work with partners to achieve the best outcome for the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Results oriented, problem solving, influential communicator, change ambassador, ability to network and business acumen.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, sales, planning and research skills.
- Must be a team player and possess interpersonal skills to work with a variety of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form. Must also demonstrate excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups.
- Ability to serve in a confidential capacity.
Prolonged period of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Ability to walk, stand, drive and carry items up to 20 lbs.
NJSBA complies with the “New Jersey First Act.” This Act requires all NJSBA employees, hired on or after Sept. 1, 2011, to currently reside in New Jersey or relocate within one year of their hire date.
NJSBA is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Hybrid schedule.
- State health insurance.
- State pension.
- Life insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to NJSBA by Feb. 1, 2023.