On Friday, June 9, join experts in cybersecurity, threat assessments, school security, safety best practices and more as they share their perspectives at NJSBA’s School Security & Safety Conference. The conference will be held at the Conference Center at Mercer County College.
Registration and a continental breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. The day will feature breakout sessions and large group sessions, discussing the following topics on school security and safety:
Opening Session (9 – 9:50 a.m.)
- Uniform State Memorandum of Agreement.
Breakout Sessions 1 (10 – 10:50 a.m.)
- Improve School Security with a Proactive Approach.
- Redefining School Safety Without SROs, Lessons Learned.
- A Roadmap to Ransomware Resilience.
Breakout Sessions 2 (11 – 11:50 a.m.)
- Why Cybersecurity is EVERYONE’S Problem and What You Can Do About It.
- Lockdowns/Emergencies/Student Safety.
Lunch and Learn (12 – 12:35 p.m.)
Afternoon Group Sessions (12:45 – 3 p.m.)
- Mandated CRG Mapping for New Jersey Schools.
- Implementing Threat Assessments in Your School District.
View a copy of the fully detailed agenda here.
In today’s world, school security and safety are at the forefront of many conversations surrounding the advancement of education. Learning ways to better protect your district’s children is crucial. Register now to secure your spot at the conference.
Cost The member fee is $99, and non-members must pay $198. This conference offers four Board Member Academy credits.
Registration Details Registration of school board members and other district staff that have been reported to NJSBA through the completion of the district census form may be completed online, but only by the school business administrator, who must attach a scanned copy of the purchase order with the registration. Register here.